Saturday, November 19, 2005

Anuva did this to me. People don't seem to like it. I do. It makes me feel wanted.

10 years ago
I was 11, scrawny and looked like a boy. I wore correction shoes that were big and ugly, and spent large amounts of time avoiding people. I was your average student, your average sportsperson and your average friend. I could have died and nobody would have realized, till the shoes began to occupy too much place.

5 years ago
I was sixteen. In the tenth. I had three people to call my own. We watched a lot of TV, refused to do any homework and were the rebels who nobody needed to worry about. I was constipated and unaware of the need for a cure, happy with boredom and television. I could have died and nobody would have realized. I didn't even have the shoes this time.

Last year
Last year was quite brilliant. I felt nice-looking and intelligent and let a lot of people see the insides of my body. I bought my first padded bra, met a lot of people I wanted to be and decided that I didn't need to make too much money to sustain myself. I lost someone I cared for and discovered others I wanted to. I felt more confident than I ever had and spent large amounts of time watching movies alone. Also, I felt love.

Yesterday
Yesterday was fun. I used free internet in Cubbon Park and smiled. I spent two hours with pipes in an art gallery making up stories on how they represent changing urban landscapes. And then I got very drunk on expensive alcohol which people decided to give me. And, I made money. All in all, a happy day.

5 yummy things
Masala dosa
Anything with cheese, corn and mushroom
Mint chocolate fudge.
His neck.
Anything I make.

5 songs I know by heart
I refuse to answer questions that require knowledge of music.

5 things I'd do if I had a lot of money
Buy a house right in the middle of the city so I never have to travel.
Buy a house in the hills where I can pretend to go to find myself while I hide in the middle of the city.
Better public transport.
Enough food to last me a lifetime.
The rest I'd give away to people I liked.

5 places I escape to
My dad
My sister
Home.
The internet.
My head.

5 things I'd never wear
A sari, a tie or any uniform. Never again.


5 favourite TV shows
Seinfeld.
Will and Grace.
The Practice.
Desperate Housewives.
The empty screen. I love the televsion.

5 things I enjoy doing
Reading
Watching TV
Lying
Leaving things incomplete

Favourite toys
Pen and paper.
various parts of my bodies.
stories I make up.
my memory.
a few friends.

I tag.
Moon Lit Lake
M
Slippy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home